Some informative numbers from our Title Company for the month of April. There’s a lot of data here, and we are happy to help you interpret numbers for your specific needs. Clearly, these are uncharted times in our real estate markets due to the Corona Virus restrictions. We also believe that calculations and strategies can be focused for specific areas, neighbourhoods, price ranges, and home sizes. Give us a call for our professional and “on the streets” guidance.
April 2020 – Greater Metro Denver Highlight Reel
• We experienced big changes to the real estate market due to COVID-19 during April. Pending home sales decreased by 48% compared to April of 2019. This was primarily due to the stay in place order and limitation on ability to show homes for sale.
We anticipate May to improve dramatically.
• The $400-499 counted for 20% of active listings and 26% of sales in April.
• Even with a slow April, sales are only down 3.55% YTD for DSF and 2.39% YTD for ASF.
• Average sold price saw a slight decrease month-over-month for both attached and detached single family, unusual from prior years. Though, both show a year-over-year increase: 0.1% in detached and 2.7% in attached.
• Average Days in MLS decreased by 8.5 days month-over-month to 20.5 days, a 24% decrease year-over-year.
Check this link for all the details!